ARTIST PROFILE: Cheyzer E. Manalo
Registered Nurse / Visual Artist
Age: 32 yrs old
Address: Villa de Oro. Poblacion 4, Bauan Batangas
Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/cheyzer.erigbuagas
Fb Page: facebook.com/ AlaEhmaARTeh
IG : cheyz.art
Email Address: [email protected]
Nature as her usual subject, Cheyzer Manalo draws inspiration from her deep faith with our Creator. The visual dynamics of birds, flowers, and subtle colors bring a positive message inspired by scripture verses. She brings a new take to the realism approach and adds her personal intuition to present an almost whimsical work of art that is relatable and timeless. She is a licensed nurse by profession but her love for the arts can be traced way back in her toddler years. The passion for the art of this simple Batangueña is constantly flourishing and evolving through time.
• Breakthrough Exhibit (Arte Bauan) @ Adamson University Art Gallery (2019)
• ALAB Art Exhibit (Arte Bauan) @ Bauan Municipal Hall (2019)
• Kristo – Batangas Art Exhibit (GSB) @ Big Ben, Lipa City (2019)
• Sining Batangueño Art Exhibit (Batangas Artist) @ Club Balai Isabel, Talisay Batangas (2019)
• KaLIKHAsan Exhibit (GSB) @ Artasia Gallery (2019)
• Pinasining Year End Show @Artasia Gallery (2019)
• Baler sa Bagong Dekada @Museo de Baler (2020)
Online Exhibits (2020)
• Art in Quarantine (Artshow Philippines)
• ALAB 3 (Arte Bauan Online Exhibition)
• 1st Tanawin Juried Online Show, Artshow Philippines
• Affordable Online Artfair, Artshow Philippines
• Filipino Self Portrait Juried Online Show, Artshow Philippines
• Amen Religious Art Exhibit, Artshow Philippines
• REDiscover Artwork in Red Exhibit, Artshow Philippines
• BOW WOW Dog Art Show, Artshow Philippines
• Still Life in Pastels, Artshow Philippines
• Jurors’ Choice Award (Lakbay Sining, Bayan mo Ilakbay Mo, 2019)
Title: “ANG UGAT NG NGAYON AT BUKAS” (2ft x 3ft Acrylic on Canvas)
• Jurors’ Choice Award (1st Tanawin Juried Online Show, Artshow Philippines, 2020)
Title: “KANDILI” (24” x 18” Acrylic on Canvas)
Pablo Picasso once said, “Every child is an artist.” This remains true for Cheyzer. Ever since she was a child, she loves doing arts. She then joined poster making contests, and ultimately, made drawing her new hobby. She started using oslo papers as her canvas and oil pastels as her medium. It took time and courage before she was able to transition to using an actual canvas and acrylic paints.
When she finished her bachelor’s degree and worked as a Nurse in Manila, she was not able to spend much time painting. But that did not stop her love for the arts. She continued watching online videos on Youtube about painting tutorials. She was inspired by the artists online who are unceasingly pursuing their passion for arts. This inspiration was the push she needed to make time and practice more in doing her artwork.
Cheyzer left her job in 2018, and during this time, she thought that it was impossible for her to go back to her true passion – the arts. But lo and behold, an incredible opportunity came. She joined a painting contest, which paved her way to meet fellow artists, and eventually, she became a new member of Grupo Sining Batangueño. This group became her training ground and gave her chances to join exhibits. She set aside her profession as a nurse and decided to give being an artist a chance. Luckily, her husband was all support for this new venture of hers.
She strongly believes in using her talent given by the Creator, to contribute inspiration and positive vibes to anyone who views her artwork. As one verse in the bible says – “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in various forms.” 1Peter 4:10, she will, not once, let her God-given talent be wasted.