SILAKBO Project is an initiative of Barako PH under Boomer Events and Production and some Batangueno artists. It started August 2020, 5 months after the start of the nationwide Community Quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The goal is to put up an Online Arts Exhibit to support local visual poetry artists for them to have an online platform to still showcase their artworks in the midst of the pandemic.
As the government is mandating quarantine protocols, it has made most businesses to close and events and gatherings to disperse. With no art galleries open and live art exhibit event, Visual arts industry is taking a hit, and artists are left without sales to be made.
SILAKBO to deepen the appreciation, understanding, and strengthen the growth of visual arts poetry in the province of Batangas and Southern Luzon through diverse and meaningful art experiences and innovative ideas.
SILAKBO aims to give a platform and opportunity for local visual artists of all ages to showcase their artworks and to engage the Batangueno community in creation, appreciation of visual arts poetry.
FEATURED ARTISTS (August 2020 Batch)
- Janet Arboleda-Ballacer – Lemery, Batangas
- ANN – Padre Garcia, Batangas
- Angelo Grenas – Rosario, Batangas
- Mhar Jhun Cuasay – Batangas City
- William F. Abao – Lipa City
- P. Faith – Bauan, Batangas
- Magnus – Bauan, Batangas
- Machi – Bauan, Batangas
- Ian Garcia – Lemery, Batangas
- Caroline Faith Delas Alas – San Pascual, Batangas
- Esang Bejasa Adame – San Pascual, Batangas
- Gerwin A. Pintor – San Jose, Batangas
- Crecee – San Jose, Batangas
- Sweetzel R. Campang – Tanauan City/Lobo, Batangas
- Krissha Anne De Torres – Lipa City, Batangas
- Bernardo Braga Oronos Jr. – Rosario, Batangas
- Sarah Jane Tumambing – San Pascual, Batangas
- Doy Kastilyo – Bauan, Batangas
SILAKBO: Isang matinding pagpapahayag ng damdamin ng mga Batangueño sa pamamagitan ng Sining
See SILAKBO 2020(AUGUST) ARTWORKS HERE. Purchase one and #SupportLocal now.
Note: Artworks are available for sale until August 31, 2020 only.
Follow us on our official social media accounts.
Pasuyo po. Salamat.